It is used to treat epilepsy, bipolar disorder and prevent migraines.
- Liver function should be monitored before starting treatment and during the first 6 months of treatment with this drug.
- In case of severe renal insufficiency, systemic lupus erythematosus or porphyria should be used with extreme caution.
- Liver dysfunction (including fatal liver failure) with this drug may occur in children under 3 years of age, people with metabolic or degenerative disorders, in a state of organic brain disorder or severe seizures with mental retardation.
- Care should be taken in case of acute abdominal pain that may be a sign of pancreatitis.
Drug Interactions Rahakin
It often increases the plasma concentrations of phenobarbital and phenytoin, and sometimes increases the plasma concentrations of ethosuximide and primidone. Antidepressants and antipsychotics counteract the anticonvulsant effect of this drug by lowering the seizure threshold. Cimetidine increases the plasma concentration of valproate by inhibiting liver enzymes. Concomitant administration of antiepileptic drugs increases the toxicity of the drug, without increasing its therapeutic effects. Chloroquine counteracts the anticonvulsant effect of this drug. Serum concentrations and half-lives of valproate may decrease with concomitant use of carbamazepine. The half-life of lamotrigine may be increased if taken concomitantly with this drug.
Recommended tips Rahakin
- Prior to initiating treatment with this drug, it should be ensured that there is no cause or predisposing factors for bleeding in the patient.
- Abrupt discontinuation of this drug should be avoided.
- Symptoms of blood or liver disorders should be explained to the patient or those around him and recommended You should see a doctor if these symptoms occur.
- If vomiting, anorexia, jaundice, drowsiness, or lack of seizures occur with this medication, treatment with this medication should be stopped immediately with a physician.
- Caution should be exercised when driving or operating machinery that requires alertness.
- Do not break, chew or crush the tablets and consume them whole with water (not milk).
Was this helpful?
1 / 0