Dicyclomine is used as an adjunct in gastrointestinal disorders associated with smooth muscle spasms.
Ipiclomin Mechanism of action
Due to its anti-muscarinic effects, this drug can relax smooth muscles and inhibit spasms and secretions in the gastrointestinal tract.
It is rapidly absorbed after oral or intramuscular administration
This drug should not be used in the following cases: closed-angle glaucoma, return of gastric contents to the esophagus, intestinal paralysis, intestinal obstruction, obstructive diseases of the urinary tract and myasthenia gravis. Also, this drug is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
Ipiclomin Side effects
Dry mouth, difficulty swallowing and drinking and flushing, dilated pupils, increased intraocular pressure, dry skin, constipation, urinary incontinence, bicardia, followed by reactive tachycardia and palpitations, and arrhythmias are some of the side effects of the drug.
Concomitant use of this drug with CNS depressants may exacerbate their effects. Concomitant use of this drug with tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines, antipsychotics and dopaminergic drugs intensifies the anticholinergic effects of these drugs. Concomitant use of dicyclomine with ketoconazole reduces its absorption.
- Use with caution in the elderly with obstructive urinary tract disease or enlarged prostate.
- Use with caution in the following cases: tachycardia, heart failure, intestinal paralysis, ulcerative colitis and pyloric stenosis.
- With the use of Algeria, respiratory symptoms such as difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, respiratory collapse and apnea, as well as seizures have been reported, which may be due to aspiration of the drug into the lungs.
Medication recommendations Ipiclomin
- To reduce stomach irritation, take this medicine with food or milk.
- Avoid taking antacids or antidiarrheal drugs less than 1-2 hours after taking this medicine.
- In case of intense activity, especially in hot weather, there is a possibility of rising body temperature.
- After taking this medicine, do not work with tools and equipment that require alertness, including driving.
- Avoid intravenous injection of this drug.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0