The structure of Forfort is such that in addition to having enough iron, digestive problems are minimized, the taste of metal is not felt in the mouth and iron molecules without contact with the inner layer of the stomach (stomach mucosa) to the beginning of the small intestine where most iron is absorbed. It happens, they move. Iron is essential for the proper functioning of many organs, including the heart, muscles, and red blood cells; It also plays a vital role in the normal functioning of the immune system, brain development and cognitive function such as learning. Not taking iron supplements regularly and the resulting iron deficiency can lead to boredom, fatigue, hair loss, headaches, shortness of breath, palpitations, brittle nails and paleness. Therefore, according to the recommendation of the World Health Organization (WHO), in Iran, all adolescent girls and women of childbearing age should take 60 mg of iron supplement during the week to prevent iron deficiency. On the one hand, due to monthly bleeding, women need more iron than men. It is interesting to note that the daily requirement of iron during menstruation doubles to normal days. On the other hand, women’s daily iron needs are not normally met by nutrition, and for this reason, almost all women of childbearing age should take iron supplements to get the iron they need and prevent iron deficiency. Choosing the right iron supplement is very important. The main reasons for stopping most iron supplements are digestive problems and bad taste of metal in the mouth.
Treatment of iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia
Use in pregnancy and lactation
Due to the increased need for iron during pregnancy and lactation, consumption of this product during this period should be done regularly and in the amounts prescribed by a doctor.
About the correct way of consumption
- Use this product in consultation with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Substances in plant-based foods that form iron (such as phytates, oxalates, and phosphates) as well as substances in coffee, tea, milk, and cola drinks prevent iron from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
- This product should be consumed without chewing and with sufficient amounts of water.
- This product should be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning (about one hour before breakfast) or at appropriate intervals, about 2 hours before or after meals.
- In case of difficulty swallowing the capsule, empty the contents completely and transfer to a tablespoon. Then drink it with enough water.
- The course of treatment is determined by the doctor.
- Oral iron intake should be continued even after normalization of hemoglobin results, along with monitoring of serum ferritin levels.
- The course of treatment, depending on the severity of the anemia and individual needs, is usually 3 to 6 months, which may be longer in some cases.
- In cases where the effect of the product seems to be very strong or very weak, consult your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose of the product, do not take that dose and continue your normal schedule. Avoid doubling the amount of product.
Tell your doctor before using this product if you are taking any of the following medications:
Analgesics or anti-rheumatic drugs (such as salicylates and phenylbutazone) – Concomitant use of these drugs with this product may worsen gastrointestinal irritation.
Tetracyclines, bisphosphonates – Inhibition of iron absorption, tetracyclines and bisphosphonates is inhibited.
Cholestyramine, drugs containing calcium, magnesium and aluminum (such as antacids, calcium and magnesium substitute salts) – Inhibit iron absorption.
Penicillamine, the oral constituents of gold, L-methyl dopa, levodopa, and L-thyroxine, impairs the absorption of these drugs if taken with iron.
Fluoroquinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, norfloxacin, and ofloxacin – The absorption of these drugs is significantly reduced when taken with iron.
In general, the interval between the use of this product with the above drugs should be at least 2 hours
- Sensitivity to any of the ingredients of this product
- High levels of iron in the blood (hemochromatosis, chronic hemolysis)
- In iron consumption disorders (such as sideroblastic anemia, anemia due to lead poisoning, thalassemia)
- Consumption in children under 6 years
- This product is high dose and considering that it is 77.78% higher than the maximum daily allowable amount, it must be used in consultation with a doctor or pharmacist.
- No special care is required when driving and operating equipment that requires full alertness.
- The diagnostic test for benzidine can be positive when taking iron.
- Due to the possibility of dark stool discoloration, the test for the presence of occult blood in the stool may be positive.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0