Epitomax Drug Category
What is Epitomax?
Epitomax is an anticonvulsant drug used to treat seizures Epitomax can be used to treat adults and children at least 6 years old.
Epitomax is used to prevent migraine headaches in adults and children at least 12 years old. It can only prevent migraine headaches and reduce the number of attacks, but it can not cure headaches that have already started.
Migraine: Prevention of migraine headache in patients over 12 years of age.
Convulsions: A nervous breakdown is caused by a disturbance in the electrical activity of the brain. Topiramate helps control these attacks by reducing the abnormal electrical current in brain cells.
Anticonvulsant activity may be due to a combination of the following mechanisms: it blocks voltage-dependent sodium channels, enhances GABAA activity, antagonizes glutamate receptors, and weakly inhibits carbonic anhydrase.
Epitomax Important Information
- Taking this drug causes vision problems that can cause permanent damage if not treated in time. Tell your doctor immediately if there is a sudden change in vision.
- This medicine can harm the fetus. There are safer drugs for the fetus. Contact your doctor as soon as you are pregnant.
- Topiramate can increase body temperature and reduce sweating, which causes dehydration. Tell your doctor if you have symptoms of decreased sweating, high fever, and hot, dry skin.
- Topiramate can also increase acid levels in the body (metabolic acidosis). Tell your doctor if you have irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty
- Some people have suicidal thoughts while taking anticonvulsants. Tell your doctor if you have any new or worsening symptoms.
- Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it will increase seizures.
Epitomax Before Consumption
- Glaucoma or other eye problems
- Metabolic acidosis
- Kidney disease, kidney stones, history of dialysis
- Lung disease, respiratory problems
- Fashion problems, depression, suicidal thoughts
- Liver disease
- Difficulty growing
Taking this medicine in you may cause suicidal thoughts. Your doctor should check your treatment process regularly. Your family and caregivers need to be vigilant to find out if you have a change in mood or symptoms.
Epitomax Use in pregnancy
Do not start or stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice and inform your doctor immediately if you become pregnant. Topiramate & Epitomax can cause low birth weight and a cleft palate in the baby. There are safer drugs to take during pregnancy.
Breastfeeding is not safe when taking this medicine. Avoid breastfeeding during treatment with this drug.
Epitomax Medication Warnings
Taking this drug with alcohol increases side effects and seizures.
Avoid ketogenic diets (high fat, low carb) while taking topiramate.
Avoid driving and engaging in dangerous activities until you know the effect of the drug on you. You may have diplopia or be affected by your reactions and thoughts.
If you have unexpected seizures, avoid dangerous activities such as swimming and mountaineering at high altitudes.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless less than 6 hours are left until the next dose. Avoid taking more medicine to make up for a forgotten dose. If you miss more than one dose, call your doctor and follow his or her instructions.
In case of overdose, call emergency care. Overdose with topiramate can be fatal. Symptoms of overdose: drowsiness, depression, double vision, difficulty thinking, restlessness, difficulty speaking and coordination, seizures and fainting.
Was this helpful?
1 / 0