Nandrolone is used to treat anemia due to kidney failure, menopausal osteoporosis, as well as catabolic processes and breast cancer.
- Use with caution in heart failure, renal or hepatic impairment, hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, migraine and bone metastasis.
- In children and adolescents, there is a risk of premature epiphyseal obstruction and premature puberty and the development of secondary male traits in women.
- Anabolic steroid use in older men is associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer.
Drug Interactions Decandrolone
Co-administration of adrenocorticoids, corticotropins, foods and sodium-containing medicines with nandrolone may aggravate the side effects of the drug. Nandrolone potentiates the effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, salicylates and anticoagulants.
Concomitant administration of adrenocorticoids, corticotropins, foods, and sodium-containing drugs with nandrolone may exacerbate adverse drug reactions. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), salicylates and anticoagulants enhance their effects. Antidiabetic drugs reduce the effects of the drug and hepatotoxic drugs increase the hepatic effects of the drug. Somatropin also exacerbates the effects of the drug on precocious puberty.
Recommended tips Decandrolone
- Liver cancer has been reported with long-term use or large amounts of medication.
- To increase the therapeutic effect of the drug, a diet rich in protein and calories should be used.
Mechanism of action Decandrolone
Drugs exert their pharmacological effects by increasing protein production and stimulating appetite, increasing erythropoietin production and possibly a direct effect on bone marrow, increasing hemoglobin and red blood cells.
The drug is excreted by the kidneys and a small amount is excreted in the feces.
The use of this drug in pregnant women is strictly prohibited and is one of the drugs of group X, the use of which leads to fetal organ failure. It should not be used in cases of severe hepatic impairment, prostate cancer, breast cancer in men, porphyria, nephrosis, hypercalcemia, disseminated breast cancer in women with hypercalcemia.
Side effects Decandrolone
Acne, sodium retention with arousal, male sexual characteristics such as voice change (sometimes irreversible), lack of menstruation, inhibition of spermatogenesis, premature epiphysis, abnormal liver function tests, liver tumors Occasionally occurs after long-term treatment with anabolic steroids.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0