5 mg chewable tablet for children and 10 mg tablet for adults
The mechanism of action:
Leukotriene receptor antagonism
Indications of airokast:
Prevention of asthma attack caused by exercise, treatment of allergic rhinitis and maintenance treatment of asthma are among the uses of Irokast.
Irocast 5 mg chewable tablets are for children and Irocast 10 mg tablets are for adults.
Use in pregnancy and breastfeeding:
Pregnancy: Adequate and well-controlled studies have not been conducted in pregnant women. In animal studies, the incidence of congenital abnormalities has not been reported. The use of this medicine during pregnancy should be under the supervision of a physician.
Lactation: It is not yet known whether this drug is secreted in human milk, although it is secreted in the milk of lactating rats. Therefore, its use during breastfeeding should be under the supervision of a physician.
Regarding the correct way to take the medicine, pay attention to these points:
- This medicine is prescribed to prevent asthma attacks and is not used to relieve an attack that has already started.
- If you forget to take a dose of medicine, take it immediately as soon as you remember. But if it is almost time to take the next dose, take only that dose and avoid doubling the amount of medicine.
Drug interactions of airokast:
Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you are using the following medicines:
Phenobarbital – the blood concentration of montelukast may decrease, which leads to a decrease in the effect of the drug.
Prednisone – Prednisone side effects (such as dizziness) may increase.
Precautions of airokast:
- In order for this medicine to be effective, it should be taken at a certain time during the day, even if it is felt that the asthma has improved.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without a doctor’s order, even if it seems that the asthma has improved.
- If the symptoms do not improve or the asthma worsens, consult your doctor.
- When taking this medicine, do not reduce the amount or stop taking other anti-asthma medicines without a doctor’s order, even if it seems that the asthma disease has improved.
prohibited usage of airokast:
History of allergy to any of the components of this medicine
Was this helpful?
0 / 0